- The suggestive flight of the cranes in winter and their distinctive singing as they fly to their sleeping places.
- Get on a canoe to go over the cross-border waters of the Great Lake of Alqueva.
- Go cycling in one of the eco-fluvial corridors of the Park and enjoy the nature.
- View the extraordinary landscapes of the eco-fluvial corridors of the Park on an eco-tourism route.
- Feel a rush of adrenalin by paragliding from the Sierra of Alor or by taking off from a triker beside the Great Lake of Alqueva.
- A stroll through the stars: you can enjoy one of the best skies in Spain, observing the stars from the Great Lake of Alqueva, from a castle, from the top of a mountain or from the middle of the pastureland.
- Watch the birds which inhabit the Park from a boat or from one of the viewing points.
- Go on a boat on the Great Lake of Alqueva, enjoying its calm waters and the magnificent views.
- Discover the native flora in the Park such as the orchids and rose of Alexandria (rare and hard to find in Spain), going on a hiking route through the Sierra of Alor.
- Take part in the search for, picking and tasting of the delicious gurumelo, a highly-valued mushroom typical of the area.
- Go on an exciting 4×4 safari through the pastureland and reach the most spectacular places in the Park.
- Visit the Dehesas de Jerez SPA, the eco-fluvial corridors and reservoirs to observe and photograph the most characteristic birds in the lands around the Great Lake of Alqueva.
- Spend a day fishing on the Great Lake of Alqueva or in some of the reservoirs and streams of the Park.
ALQUEVA BULL AND THE DEHESA PASTURELAND:
- Feel a thrilling emotion by visiting a farm and seeing the fighting bull in its natural habitat.
- Enjoy the landscape of the Extremaduran pastureland, learning about its true meaning.
- Experience the tradition and passion of the bull at the Iberian Bull Fair in Olivenza.
- Allow yourself to be transported to another age in a stroll through the streets of the mediaeval town of Olivenza.
- Enjoy a wonderful adventure inside the castle of Alconchel and the Las Fortalezas Interpretation Centre.
- Try the delicious home-made pastries of Olivenza, especially the delicious técula mécula.
- Taste some of the most typical dishes of Extremaduran and Portuguese cooking in our restaurants.
- Get to know the traditions of our towns in the Natural Theme Park by visiting the González Santana Ethnographical Museum in Olivenza.
- Visit the patrimonial heritage of our towns, the legacy of the history and battles between the Spanish and Portuguese, which have marked the development of these lands.
- Taste a delicious plate of river fish from Cheles beside the Great Lake of Alqueva.
- Aprender de la mano de un ganadero cómo se realiza la cría del cerdo ibérico en una de las dehesas más singulares.
- Learn first-hand from a farmer how an Iberian pig is bred on one of the unique pasturelands.